Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Greetings from Atlanta, GA! - Day 2

My wife and I are currently in Atlanta, GA attending the Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship International Conference. We are expecting an awesome time of fellowship, relaxation, and Word.

We arrived in Atlanta yesterday and I attended several leadership meetings. Today was a time for me and Stacie to spend together. We found a soul food joint that served "chittlins" (yummy) and we checked out the Georgia Aquarium. The Georgia Aquarium is one of the largest aquariums in the world! Stacie got to touch a shark...... and of course I was too scared (smile).

This evening, we also had the wonderful opportunity to attend the Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowships' Bishop's Consecration. This is a ceremonial event where those candidates for promotion to "Bishop" is officially and publicly elevated. Bishop is the highest official office in the New Testament Church. The ceremony was absolutely breathtaking and I was in awe of the splendor and majesty of it. Our very own Kansas/Missouri State Bishop Courtney A. Jones was consecrated during the service. He says hello to all of you back home.

During the service, I began to get a little misty eyed when I thought about the fact that God would select a flawed vessel to declare and protect a flawless Gospel. Many times we praise God for what He "brought us from", but I thank God for having mercy on me and still anointing and using me in spite of "what I'm still in". To God be the glory! I'll talk to you tomorrow........

B-Blessed!!!!

No comments: