Wednesday, May 30, 2007

True Fulfillment

I have a trusted friend who always prays the most simplest of prayers. He prays, "Less of me and more of Him."

John 4:31-35 declares, "In the meantime His disciples urged Him, saying, "Rabbi, eat." But He said to them, "I have food to eat of which you do not know." Therefore the disciples said to one another, "Has anyone brought Him anything to eat?" Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work.

So many times we are so consumed with our own desires, wishes, and ambitions that we never true fulfillment. True fulfillment can only be found in living out your intended purpose and that purpose can only be discovered in God. The more we get filled with His purposes, the less room we have for the meaningless and insignificant.

My desire is to please Him. I please Him whenever I stand before God's people and instill His hope and His instruction. I please God whenever I give good advice to the discouraged and pray for the brokenhearted. I please Him when I do His will.

You want to know wwhy I come back Sunday after Sunday or day after day? It is because preaching, pastoring, and serving God's people is to me what water is to fish. I can't live without fulfilling my God-given purpose. What are you eating?

B-Blessed!

No comments: